From today, Thursday 20th August 2020, there will be some changes to EU Drivers Hours rules. These include:
A major reform of the EU road transport sector, known as the mobility package.
The new rules will improve drivers’ working conditions, introduce special posting rules for drivers in international transport, and update provisions on access to the haulage market and will also make enforcement more efficient.
• a requirement for drivers’ to ‘return home’ every 4 weeks
• a ban on taking regular weekly rest periods in the driver’s vehicle
• a new definition of ‘non-commercial carriage’
• more flexibility on the scheduling of the rest periods for some drivers on international carriage of goods
• new provisions for rests and breaks for drivers when journeys involve transport by ferry or by rail
• a new requirement to keep a full record of all other work.