Essential retail outlets will remain open but must adhere to strict social distancing guidelines
The Government have released an updated list of essential retail outlets after a two-week lockdown was put in place in the battle against coronavirus.
All non-essential trips and social gatherings have been banned under the harsh new measures.
The order remains in place until Easter Sunday, April 12.
Essential retail outlets will remain open but must adhere to strict social distancing guidelines.
Other business that off call-out or delivery services will be allowed to remain open on that basis only.
Here’s the list in full.
Essential retail outlets
1. Retail and wholesale sale of food, beverages and newspapers in non-specialised and specialised stores
2. Retail sale of household consumer products necessary to maintain the safety and sanitation of residences and businesses
3. Pharmacies/Chemists and retailers providing pharmaceuticals, pharmaceutical or dispensing services
4. Retail sale of selling medical and orthopaedic goods in specialised stores
5. Fuel stations and heating fuel providers
6. Retail sale of essential items for the health and welfare of animals, including animal feed and medicines, animal food, pet food and animal supplies including bedding
7. Laundries and Drycleaners
8. Banks, Post Offices and Credit Unions
9. Retail sale of safety supply stores (work clothes, Personal Protective Equipment, for example)
Businesses that can only offer an emergency call-out or delivery services
It is recognised that there may be emergency needs arising in a number of areas, the following retailers who can offer an emergency call-out or delivery service can continue to operate on that basis ONLY:
retailers involved in the repair of motor vehicles, motorcycles and bicycle repair and related facilities (tyre sales and repairs for example)
hardware stores, builder’s merchants and stores that provide hardware products necessary for home and business maintenance, sanitation and farm equipment, supplies and tools essential for gardening/farming/agriculture
retail sale of office products and services for individuals working from home and for businesses
retailers providing electrical, IT and phone sales, repair and maintenance services for the home.
Physical distancing measures that must be adhered to
Essential Retail Outlets must implement physical distancing measures:-
ensure adequate distancing between customers and shop assistants in line with public health guidelines
only let people into the store in small groups and ensure spaces are not crowed.
manage queue control inside and outside the door to maintain the necessary physical distance.
all Essential Retail Outlets are encouraged to provide online services where that is possible and appropriate to minimise footfall.